Litecoin can now be transacted in Facebook messenger using the technology from Lite.IM team. Lite.IM is a project of the Zulu Republic which is making Litecoin SMS payments a reality.
This feat was made known in a tweet where the team announced that both Litecoin (LTC) and Lite.IM can now be used by over 2 billion users globally.
⭐️ Get Started – https://t.co/NXJdKlhagY
— lite.im (@liteim_official) October 31, 2018
How to Execute Litecoin Transactions on Facebook Messenger
- The first step is to start a conversation with Lite.IM in Facebook messenger using this link me/lite.im
- The terms and conditions for use will be made known to the user at this point and registration can then commence.
- After registering, you will be asked to input your primary email address.
- The next step will be to provide your phone number which would include your registered number country code.
- An SMS code will then be sent to your phone for confirmation.
- After code confirmation, you will be required to enter a secure password for your Lite.IM account.
- An LTC wallet address will then be made available to you.
- At this point, you care now fully set to send and receive Litecoin via Facebook messenger.
Setting up Telegram Messenger for Litecoin Transactions
Litecoin transactions via Telegram was even made possible way before the Facebook enabled transactions. To execute Litecoin transactions via Telegram, all you have to do is to go to lite.IM website https://www.lite.im/ and simply follow the directive of inserting their phone numbers. An SMS is subsequently sent to your phone where are directed to follow the link that will activate the conversation box with the Lite.IM bot on Telegram.
The Zulu Republic Team that coordinates the Lite.IM project had this to say about their Telegram function launch;
“Since day one of the Zulu Republic, we’ve driven by a vision of what the world might look like if the founding ideals of the cryptocurrency revolution were actually realized.
Today we take that vision one step closer to reality by announcing lite.im, a new project from Zulu republic aimed at expanding cryptocurrency access to a wider population than ever before.
Lite.im brings Litecoin services to anyone with even the most basic mobile phone, regardless of whether or not they have access to the internet.
With a simple Telegram or SMS message, lite.im users will be able to interact with the Litecoin Blockchain, sending and receiving funds from anywhere in the world where a cellular signal can be found.”
Do let us know what you think about these new and interesting developments about Litecoin in the comment section. Also, prompt us of any innovative cryptocurrency product that you know of or working on which is helping to foster mainstream adoption of these ‘transactional’ instruments on the Blockchain.