Hello Travis, kindly introduce us to The Assistive Reality Project?
Hi! Thanks for taking the time out to read about our project.
As you may have deducted from our name, we’re an Augmented Reality applications development company that has a high level of experience and very strong contacts in the government sector throughout the Asia-pacific region. We have networks reaching throughout critical industries such as aerospace, airlines and construction, to enable us to build our company successfully.
The exciting part about our applications and platform is the combination of multiple leading edge technologies into a set of products. Augmented Reality is already impressive alone, however when you combine it with an intelligent AI assistant that can observe the world view through your field of vision, and make suggestions, store memories, observe and predict object motion and interact with you as if it were another human being, that takes the Assistive implications of both AI and AR to another level.
Many people around the world are concerned that AI is going to consume our future jobs; that we will eventually be forced to yield to the processing superiority of a pure AI. However we contest that through human augmentation, which starts in 2017 with optical and sensory assistance via lenses, glasses and other wearables, humanity can level the playing field. By gaining an assistant AI watching the world and experiencing it with you, you can retain your human natural advantages while harnessing the power of AI, cloud compute and limitless immediate recall.
Ethereum’s Blockchain technology provides our applications with a set of advantages that are difficult to achieve with other strategies. These include:
- The ability replicate small hash values of raw data across a global network at very low cost, makes it a significantly better solution to profile ID and password management than something like MySQL in geo clusters within a cloud host, or perhaps Microsoft SQL in a globally available Azure configuration.
- Smart contracts allow us to offer real value to funders; namely,
- Early Access to our products via ARX-validation smart contract
- Licensing of our products using ARX or ETH
- Allow creation of World AR zones within World 1 for multiuser experience where only host pays in ARX
- The ability to take a hash of your biometric ID details and replicate that in a globally secured manner (we use a private chain for the actual/extended data and only replicate the minimum data required to ensure “uniquity”)
- Provision of a reliable, value-proven in world currency for World 1 full-time AR browser, and for the Profession series to be licensed readily by end users, we felt the immediate-payment ability and smart contract integration with Ethereum gave us the best outcomes.
What sort of time consuming problems confronting humans motivated the development of the Assistive Reality platform?
There are a lot to start with. For example:
- Adding numbers together with anything other than immediate results via eye-sight only
- Looking up information about a sentence or phrase you are visually observing, on a search engine, be that a visual search engine or text-based search engine
- In factory & assembly lines, shopping centres, construction sites, and hundreds of other work sites around the world people use technologies such as hand-held barcode scanners, tethered to PCs, to process items, when under our commercial application model the wearer of light-weight frames could perform almost all of these tasks with a dramatic reduction in physical effort, increase in speed and increase in accuracy.
- Typing and interacting with a touchscreen, or normal screen with keyboard and mouse, involves an inherently large amount of serialized or sequential input that can only be processed at a maximum rate (apm / cpm and wpm). Realistically, the eyes and brain can process information faster than the fast-twitch muscle fibers the feedback loop associated with their actuation, therefore it is entirely reasonable to expect visual interfaces coupled with AR feedback will allow an extremely fast interface and control system to be established into the future. In short: it makes you faster. Later, it makes you a lot Advanced concepts such as virtual floating keyboards that notice the pulsing of your hand and anticipate key stroke and direction and allow a learning-curve for inter-stroke delay, could allow for a much faster input speed.
- Our AR applications are designed with specific plugins to work with home bots. This is a great advantage as you no longer have to be within earshot of Alexa or pull your phone out to issue commands; you can simply configure a verbal alert and have the headset begin issuing commands and responding with the results.
- Our job-role focused store application Profession features an interface that adjusts to a custom configuration based on the job type and role you have selected. This gives you specific job-role advantages to your AR interface, for example providing a readily visible searchable database for circuit diagrams within the Electronics Engineer job role plug-in, or having a floating AI virtual helper nearby to give you when performing visual inspections of a building as a Building Safety Officer. We aim to have 500+ jobs in the database with object-motion patterns and recognition cues, to help guide the wearer through the task in front of them. All of these steps are aimed to save the user time, increase efficiency, increase accuracy, and increase wearer satisfaction levels.
- Multi-tasking. An IT professional using our Profession application in that mode may elect to have floating bubbles nearby with Android applications from their smartphone running on them to provide ready notification viewing and interaction. Enjoying that while also surrounded by any number of virtual screens of varying sizes on different physical surfaces, using facial recognition when interacting, it becomes like sci-fi except in the real world, now.
Do you have working prototypes?
Microsoft MR devices – Yes, running alpha working (1.43)
Microsoft HoloLens dev preview – Yes, running alpha working (1.43)
Google ARCore – Yes, running alpha working (1.43), with extensions for multiple headsets
Apple ARKit – No, we are working on this and looking at a small change in coding for this, 1 month away still before baseline functionality is up
Magic Leap – No
VIVE VR – Yes, limited functionality with VR test applications (1.90)
Do you have a specific target market?
Yes – two – consumer oriented World 1 users for the futuristic full-time AR at home or in public, and corporate/government, for light use of Profession (this is a crossover app) and heavier/industrial/full building-scale use of the Spectrum AR engine in a custom deployment. For example we can install full-building AR across a chain of hospitals using a custom build of Spectrum AR with all enterprise features on and customized to integrate with their back end Active Directory, cloud services and patient management system – especially if that PMS or Health Management system has a Blockchain interface! (which is a big thing in that industry right now)
Kindly introduce us to your team and their individual talents that help to make this AI project unique and different from similar products in the space?
CEO & Product Architecture Leader
Travis (that is myself), has a rich background in software development and start-ups, working first as a 32bit web browser developer in the 90’s followed by being involved in web metrics venture capital start-up Maxamine (acquired by Accenture ‘08). I embarked on a Microsoft developer and enterprise infrastructure career working for enterprise clients around Australia, before starting my own company AusPortal. I later worked for Hewlett-Packard and DXC Technology in a technical leadership role. I have a wide array of management and C-level contacts in a number of industries throughout Singapore, Hong Kong, Australia, Philippines and New Zealand. Throughout 2016/17 I have spent significant time developing Visual Search engines, AI chat bots, Ethereum smart contracts, and Augmented Reality interfaces. I am an Ethereum advocate and a believer in the future of AR technology; my programming skills include Cocoa, ARKit, SceneKit, C#, C++, Solidity, Java & Assembly.
I believe that I bring leadership experience, Blockchain development skills, enterprise architecture knowledge and startup growth experience to the company, as well as being highly passionate about the future of AR and human augmentation in general.
Marketing & Strategy Leader
Craig has significant experience in corporate channel and sales/marketing strategy with a proven track record of revenue development and C-level relationship management. Having been exposed to technology at young age and with experience building a start-up energy company, Craig brings a lot of contacts and years of experience in scaling companies to Assistive Reality. He has strong experience with multimillion dollar accounts in industries such as Energy and Mining, Healthcare, Construction and Technology and can leverage the contacts developed throughout his already-substantial professional career. Craig has worked on a number of software projects in the past offering development input, product refinement and ensuring features are aligned to market demand. Craig is also a father of 2, an avid HTC Vive VR user and enjoys simulations such as rFactor2.
Craig brings a lot of field-specific AR/VR experience to the company, and has deep knowledge of growing a company internally and ensuring the startup culture is preserved whilst still becoming a high-scale large technology company. Craig’s career-long experience in the enterprise sales market prepares us extremely well for C-level board presentations, steering committee reviews and other gates that must be passed through when achieving high-end licensing agreements to deploy our technology at scale.
Research Leader – Human Augmentation, Lens Integration
Holder of a PhD degree in biology, Qingqing has a strong background in biology research. While studying in one of the best universities in China, Qingqing explored areas of particular interest in neuroscience and further enhanced her knowledge in the study of vertigo from motion as a member of the Neuroscience Group 2007. Qingqing maintains connections to multiple experts in the brain and neuroscience field, and is particularly interested in the application of AR for treatment of certain neurological disorders. Qingqing is currently examining the cognitive effect of AR, MR and other blended reality interfaces, and the health impact of AR headset and lens usage. Qingqing has a wide array of contacts throughout the biomedical industry and can provide assistance in accessing the China market for our applications and company.
Vicky brings a blend of biology-specific human research ability and intense curiosity about the nature of human sensory perception to the company, ensuring that we are on the very forefront of issues such as wear-ability, comfort, fatigue-management, stress and emotional reactivity assessment. Vicky has enabled us to get in contact with vital early investors and been pivotal in her role in shaping the way our interfaces actually interact with the human wearer.
Technology & Concepts Leader
Mark is a senior developer and infrastructure architect who has excellent communication skills with all levels of business and possesses a tremendous ability to translate technical requirements into a simple solution. Mark combines Microsoft and AWS ecosystem skills with strong international business experience and is able to deliver high quality project results while maintaining a hands-on approach to daily issues in code or design. Mark has a strong interest in workplace and sporting applications of AR; having a significant background in large-scale technology projects Mark is an invaluable contributor to our project. Mark has a track record of projects delivered successfully against tight deadlines in complex situations, and will bring a significant skillset to bear in deploying AR/MR/VR technology.
In your estimation, how soon will futuristic technologies such as blockchain, robotics and AI be adopted by the world’s mainstream population?
Very soon. It’s already happening. Blockchain is already a massive global industry without question, and AI is beginning to show everywhere; from chat-bots on many many websites, to machine-learning competitions and prediction-based websites and entertainment systems built into home bots, services like Siri and Cortana.
Robotics I believe will be a little further away, but not by much. Possibly as little as 15 years until they are in volume production and have AI capable of imitating humans. Our aim by that point though, is to be the global leader in human augmentation technology including optical assistance, and that human augmentation will easily allow human capabilities to exceed that of a basic robotic AI. Human weaknesses can be readily addressed by AI and storage systems. Augmented Reality interfaces such as those found in our applications are the first step in a very exciting new path for computer-user interactions.
Which exchanges will be listing ARX tokens?
We’re currently working with a company to attempt to get placed with Bittrex, Yobit, C-CEX, Cryptopia, Coingather and others. However it is not within our direct control; we can only state that we will continue to push very hard to be listed on numerous exchanges as we want our token holders to feel they have freedom to trade easily.
It is worth pointing out again though that we will be offering an Ethereum smart contract that will allow ARX token holders to offer their ARX tokens for purchase by our corporate clients, thereby providing a measure of liquidity, in-built demand and value increase-over-time.
Can you in a simplified manner explain to a “newbie” how the ARX crowdsale will be executed?
Sure. It’s really simple for this presale.
Step 1 – Watch the ARX token (token: 0xb0D926c1BC3d78064F3e1075D5bD9A24F35Ae6C5, 18 decimals, ARX)
Instructions can be watched using this link – Watch the ARX token
Step 2 – Buy some ARX tokens with Eth (send ETH to: 0x4Ee1d7720a04072142B2efC9d2C7d5d77Ad63939)
Click here to buy the ARX tokens
Please note that our Presale is live now and will be open for another 5 days, so please participate to get your heavily discounted ARX at these prices!
Thank you Travis for making time to engage in this very detailed interview session. We wish you a successful token sale.
Thank you ICOWatchlist, you have been awesome.
For more details, follow the Assistive Reality ICO here.